Tuesday, October 21, 2008

MOTAT/Zoo

Nothing too interesting to report here. Auckland has a museum that's called MOTAT. I think it stands for Motion and Technology. They have an aviation wing that I particularly wanted to see. Turns out it is mostly civil crap, and a bunch of corroded hulks out back. To give you some idea of the content, they had a Cessna Ag-wagon on display. They did have a few nice pieces. Keith Park was RAF Air Vice Marshal during the Battle of Britain. He had his own personal Hurricane that he used to pop around the various airfields that he was responsible for. There is a restoration of this aircraft at the hangar.


























There was one of my favorites crammed between less interesting foreign craft:



























Next stop, the
Zoo. All the usual stuff but I did take a few pictures. We went into an aviary that was really cool. There were beautiful parrot-like birds. When you went in there, they got all excited and flew all around the place. I had my arm stretched out taking a picture when a Rainbow Lorikeet landed on my hand. Ansel Adams behind me grabbed the camera from me so she could take a picture. Here's what she got:













We also found a girlfriend for Norman:



















She's got a boyfriend, but I think Norman can take him.
















A couple other cool birds
:





































He didn't like me tickling his feet...

















We also found Sophie there, but she wouldn't come when we called her!


































Better than no poon at all, I guess.












After all of my fishing research, I finally found the hot spot!!



















Total trip cost to date: $10,924.49 USD

No comments:

Post a Comment