Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Whatipu
















We made our second Extra-Urban Excursion (EUE) to a beautiful west coast beach called Whatipu. For whatever reason, the letters "Wh" together are pronounced like an "F". That makes this place pronounced Fattypoo, I think.
One of the nice things about Auckland is if you drive an hour in just about any direction you're into beautiful country. The trouble with driving here is the kiwis drive like a bat out of hell, and they're always right on your tail. I'm never really sure what they want me to do. Speeding up doesn't help because no matter how fast you go, it's like they're chained to your car. I guess I could pull over. Maybe they just like the view back there. I think that speed limit signs must have been a government make-work program during the Great Depression because no one seems to read them.

































































































Total trip cost to date: $10,135.07 USD

No comments:

Post a Comment